I am proud to have been elected as SNP Councillor for Annandale North ward in the 2012 Dumfries & Galloway Council elections.
As a long-standing supporter and member of the SNP, I am determined to make sure that Dumfries & Galloway Council does a better job in delivering services to the towns, villages and communities of Annandale North, and guard against serving the interests of a small minority. I will represent the voice of constituents using surgeries and home visits, and by attending community group and community council meetings.
- Secure the long-term future of the Community Hospitals in Annandale North and improve the range of local services and support they provide.
- Re-instate the ambulance stance at the entry to the M74.
- Address the state of maintenance of the local roads so that they are able to support sustainable industries, such as forestry, that provide long-term local employment.
- Support the valuable role of voluntary groups and pay more attention to the many older people who see few people except their carers.
- Get responsible young people with young businesses into empty properties and regenerate the town centres.
A little bit about myself
I grew up in Hawick in the Borders where I went to school, and went on to gain a BA (Hons) in Philosophy and postgraduate qualifications in IT. I run a small IT and website company based from my home office in Dumfries, where I live with my partner and our daughter.